Sunday, October 5, 2008

Quaking Aspen and a Question

I thought I would share one of my favorite sights during autumn: a quaking aspen. (Just click on the photo to start the video.) Aspen trees are members of the willow family.   The leaves are flat and somewhat round-ish, and the flattened leaf stems cause the leaves to flutter and twist in even the slightest breeze. Aspen only grow above a certain elevation.



So here's my question. If you read the fine print here at Blogger, you will note that each time you upload a photo or video it actually goes to Picasa first, then makes its way here to blogland. This short video I created is quite nice when I view it on my own computer through Quick Time. I am disappointed with how it looks here, however, because it's blurry in parts. Yes, I know that the finer the quality of a photo/video the more room it takes up. I don't suppose anyone knows of a way to keep the better quality?

No comments: